18 May 2009

somatic responses



finally, I got my chance to see them live ! After 16 years, somatics are gonna perform live .... and its only 30 km from home, and free entrance ! How is that for a change ! Back to the old days .....

Ok, I had to wait till three and I was there early, as it was 300 max capacity ...
so I was hoping for some good music ....
dmdn was nice, three decks at times, sometimes bonky off beats and clean acid records can do funky things indamix , and dmdn mixes !!! Nice ! bliksm liveset was nice but I missed the high hats, and more variety ... also nice analog stuff, but the rythms were digital ... soundcard dependant ... and the analog-digital were not sync sometimes it seemed ... interesting though ! Then a dj, and then pennik ettek LIVE ... which was good but a bit easy .... and then ... the brothers ....
I was a bit synical at first, but willing to give them a chance with their laptops ...
also, when they turned out to take turns, they each had their own laptop, it turned out to be ok, and as they progressed, much more than just ok ! This is what I need when I go for some dancing .... maximum input please ! Not just one rythm box and one synth singing along ... nooooo .... give me 4 -5 synths and four drummachines battling it out ... it was amazing, the stereo image was intriguing at times, the sound was clear and defined, hard and direct ... hitting home ! 16 years ago I heard them for the first time .... lifechanging music we called it ! Inspiring, unique and ever evolving .... wow .... this night they really build up to a giant climax ... making me bang my head, shake my toes and pinky en jump and shout !
My voice is gone, my body still hurts, old man as I am ... but yes .... am I glad I went ! Finally, a direct hit by the brothers from Wales !

THANX !!!

No comments: