29 July 2009

irish delight



just got back ...
saw all three shows in dublin, tired as hell ..... and a happy man !

I actually think bono was drunk on dublin 3rd night ....
he had to look at the lyrics so many times it seemed ..... dont know if they hide a autocue or something behind the monitor ... but he was looking there very very often ....

I stood slightly to his right, with two small girls in front of me ..
not bad for nr 268 in the line .... what a story that queing was .... more about that later ...

They played new yearsday, it was announced as: and now for my polish friends ....
so I could not stay quiet .... screamed NYD ..... and yes .. it rocked as hell !!!

and what no one seems to get ...... the ones tat are moaning that they should have played longer that night ....

the sound check --- rehearsals .... WERE the encores !!!!!!!

they really felt like they were .... it was awesome .... I will follow full and very loud and clear, then drowning man also very clear and full, no stops ....... then new years day, without Bono ..... which could have signaled they would play it tonight ..... and then electrical storm .. stopped, then played in fulll too ....

I guess instead of paying 800,000 euro fine ....
why not reward the diehards that have been out there all day, and night ......
and so they did ... with this awesome ----moving --- unforgettable rehearsal !!!

second night, with the rain .... the umbrellas on stage were lifted up with unforgettable fire .... amazing sight as they also hold the smoke from the smoek machines, and reflect teh lights .... bono was singing so many RAIN snippets .... he was truelly on fire on night two ... mysterious ways was played , with the very short but moving Mothers of the dissappeared snippet, it was awesome !

on night one I had to sacrifice half of my dextro energy tablets, broke them in pieces and threw them at these bloody cameras that were blocking my view for the first 5 songs .... fucking hell I hate them !

the ones that were taking pictures soon held them down cause I was not giving up .... also bottles were chucked, plastic ones .. the idiots were holding the cameras with 2 hands, above their heads, so we could not look over shoulders nor heads ....
stop moaning about setlists (especially if you were not there),
start a petition against these bloody cameras !
the trouble with the cameras made me decide to camp out for night two, I stayed at croke after night one .... so I could be at the catwalk rail, without any of these bloody things in front of me ...! I succeded !!!!
but that was not without a big very big war cause security fucked up the two line system they were enforcing .... one line with wristbanded folks for the pit, with 2300 in it ... they were not to be let out of the pit ... so that line two, without wristbands, could take possession of teh field .... and the much wanted rail at the catwalk ...... imagine sleeping at croke under a piece of cardboard, cause I had no sleepingbag .... slept one hour, was nr 3 in the field-line .... and entered the field as nr 1 only to see the catwalk taken by wristbanded people, that against all promises, were allowed out of the pit .... total war broke out then ...

I was lucky that a guy who I had met earlier, he wrote this book, me and my u2, he is called cathal, he stood up and gave me his spot at the rail !!!! I almost started crying .... quickly took my spot and was shaking for 1 hour ! all of our group started a riot ! security did not know what to do .... people started taking off their wristbands, playing as if they did not know, or even, as if they had never had a wristband , fucking bastards ! saying they had not been told about the two way system etc .... come on, you got a bloody wristband, so you knew all along what your tactics were !!! security made loads of people get up and give up their places, loads refused etc ..... what a helll !!!!!! yep, call yourself U2 fan ... man, how dissappointed I have gotten from all these little line-wars and rail wars etc ,..... there are loads of bloody arseholes out there, saying they have once been the victim of bad policies, and line cutters, and now they simply do the same !!!!

I have almost gotten into fist fights with some of them ....
I play the game honest and if you dont, I WILL KEEP TELLING you that you suck !!!
BIGTIME

sorry, had to let you know this peculiar side to the dublin experience .... need some sleep now .....

more words later about this great three-some !
but I tell you, 5 GA shows in 8 days is on the edge of total madness .....

feels good though

No comments: